Stéphane Garelli reads today’s global economic picture better than anyone else. He is an exciting speaker who combines content with an entertaining approach to complex issues supported by his trademark graphics. His presentations on competitiveness provoke companies and individuals to think “outside the box”, and to confront their strategies with recent market trends and new competitive pressures.
- Time to Look At the World Differently; a Competitiveness Outlook for 2020 and Beyond
- The Competitiveness of Enterprises on World Markets
- The Competitiveness of Nations
- The New Rules of Competitiveness Today
- The Impact of New Technologies on Opening Markets and Increased Productivity
- The Consequences of Competitiveness on Work, Attitudes and Skills
What he offers
How he presents
With meticulous preparation Stéphane’s fact filled presentations are rich with detail, acumen and invaluable insights.
Stéphane Garelli is a world authority on competitiveness and has pioneered research and the theory in this field. He is Professor Emeritus at IMD Lausanne, where he has founded the World Competitiveness Center, he is also Professor Emeritus of World Competitiveness at the University of Lausanne.
Professor Garelli was Chairman of the Board of Directors and shareholder of Le Temps, the leading French language Swiss newspaper, Chairman of the Board of the Sandoz Financial and Banking Holding, and Member of the board of the Banque Edouard Constant. Professor Garelli was the Managing Director of the World Economic Forum and of the Davos Annual meetings for many years. He is a member of a number of institutes, such as: China Enterprise Management Association, Board of the ‘Fondation Jean Monet pour l’Europe’ and The Swiss Academy of Engineering Sciences. He is also a member of the International Olympic Committee commission on Sustainability and Legacy.
- Are You a Tiger, a Cat Or a Dinosaur? 100 Questions: How Competitiveness Influences Your Life! (2016)
- Top Class Competitors! How Nations Firms and Individuals succeed in the New World of Competitiveness (2006)
- The World Competitiveness Yearbook, (Annual Reference Book)
“Stéphane Garelli was absolutely brilliant! He made a rather tired and complex subject fun and interesting. He was very much appreciated by the audience with a good sense of humour. One of the best keynote speakers we ever had.”
“Stéphane was very well received, very inspirational and very dynamic. It was great to have him at the end as he broadened our horizons.”
“Stéphane was an excellent choice. He dealt with a high level message and made it applicable to a wider audience with varied interests.”
Presentation Languages: English, French