Lord Dannatt’s insightful presentations on what makes a good leader and how to lead high performance teams, provide audiences with a deeper understanding of the skill and development required, and focuses on the 3 Keys to Successful Leadership: K1 Bridging the Gap Between Strategy & Tactics – What’s the Missing Link? ; K2 Delegation, Trust & Supervision – What Is the Leader’s Role? K3: Integrity of the Leader. Lord Dannatt is always happy to join panel discussions or put together a bespoke presentation, and enjoys answering questions on subjects as broad as the audience’s imagination.
- The 3 Keys to Successful Leadership Today
- The 5Cs of Inspirational Leadership: Character, Commitment, Connection, Competence, Communications
- Geopolitics: The Risk and Opportunities; Russia and the Ukraine Crisis
- Soldiers and Safety – Contradiction in Terms?
- A Look Back, A Look Forward – Reflections on 40 Years as a Soldier
What he offers
How he presents
Lord Dannatt is charismatic and engaging, combining eloquence and humour in his content rich, personalised presentations.
Lord Richard Dannatt is one of the most successful Generals of our times. Highly respected by his peers and governments, Lord Dannatt was a key advisor to the David Cameron defence team in 2009/2010. A frequent and popular commentator on current affairs and security issues, his views regularly feature in the media. He became a member of the House of Lords in 2011. Reflecting on the parallels from the “battle-space” “business-space” and the “community-space” he advises guides global organisations on the challenges of leadership today.
Lord Dannatt was commissioned into The Green Howard’s Regiment in 1971, and served in various positions in Germany, Northern Ireland, Bosnia and Kosovo including his role as the Deputy Commander for Operations of the NATO Stabilisation Force. His illustrious career has included Assistant Chief of the General Staff MOD, taking command of NATO’s Allied Rapid Reaction Corps, Commander in Chief Land Command, and became Chief of the General Staff in 2006. After retiring from the Army in 2009, he was appointed Constable of the Tower of London. He is Founder Patron of Help for Heroes.
- Leading from the Front (2010)
- 2011, Raised to the peerage as Baron Dannatt of Keswick, in the County of Norfolk
- 2009, Appointed Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath (GCB) in the 2009, New Year Honours
- 1973, Decorated with the Military Cross (MC)
“I have always placed integrity high on my list for excellent leadership skills because integrity can also cope with mistakes and it is clear you practice what you preach in this area. Meanwhile, your theme around the importance of operations really resonated with all the businesses in the room.”
“Excellent. Delegates were from around the globe and Sir Richard positioned his speech superbly.”
Presentation Languages: English