Dr. Charan is well known for providing advice that is down to earth and relevant and that takes into account the real-world complexities of business. Drawing from his extensive knowledge he gained from working with hundreds of organizations, Ram Charan not only advises businesses on their strategies but also provides them with the tools that are necessary to drive success and achieve profitable growth.
- Leading Your Business Through The Global Tilt
- Corporate Boards
What he offers
How he presents
Ram Charan’s energetic and interactive sessions are filled with a host of highly useful information, yet are delivered in an easily digestible format and offer invaluable advice to top business leaders around the world.
Ram Charan is a world-renowned business advisor, author and speaker who has spent the past 35 years working with many top companies, CEOs, and boards of our time. He is known for cutting through the complexity of running a business in today’s fast changing environment to uncover the core business problem. His real-world solutions, shared with millions through his books and articles in top business publications, have been praised for being practical, relevant and highly actionable—the kind of advice you can use Monday morning.
Ram’s introduction to business came early while working in the family shoe shop in a small town in northern India, where he was raised. He earned an engineering degree in India. He earned MBA and doctorate degrees from Harvard Business School, where he graduated with high distinction and was a Baker Scholar. Ram’s work takes him around the globe non-stop and gives him an unparalleled, up-to-date insider view of how economies and leading companies operate. Through keen observation and analysis, he forms powerful insights that help business leaders face their toughest challenges in the areas of growth, talent development, corporate governance, and profitability. His timely concrete advice is a powerful tool in navigating today’s uncertain business climate.
Ram has coached more than a dozen leaders who went on to become CEOs. He reaches many more up-and-coming business leaders through in-house executive education programs. His energetic, interactive teaching style has won him several awards, including the Bell Ringer award at GE’s famous Crotonville Institute and best teacher award at Northwestern. He was among BusinessWeek’s top ten resources for in-house executive development programs. Ram was elected a Distinguished Fellow of the National Academy of Human Resources and has served on the Blue Ribbon Commission on Corporate Governance. He has served on the boards of Hindalco in India, Emaar, Austin Industries, Tyco Electronics, and Fischer and Porter.
- The Amazon Management System (2019)
- The Attacker’s Advantage (2015)
- Boards That Lead (2013)
- Global Tilt (2013)
- The Talent Masters: Why Smart Leaders Put People Before Numbers (with Bill Conaty) (2010)
- Leadership in the Era of Economic Uncertainty (2008)
- The Game Changer (2008)
- Leaders at all Levels (2007)
- What the Customer Wants You to Know Know (2007)
- Confronting Reality: Doing What Matters to Get Things Right (2004)
- Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done (with Larry Bossidy) (2002)
- What the CEO Wants You to Know (2001)
- The American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) Presented Ram Charan with its Champion of Workplace Learning and Performance Award, 2010
- The Economic Times of India Named Ram Charan Global Indian of the Year for 2010
- In 2009 Thinkers50 Placed Him Among the List of Most Influential Thinkers
- Bell Ringer Award at GE’s Famous Crotonville Institute
- Best Teacher Award at Northwestern University
Presentation Languages: English, Spanish