Nassim specialises in uncertainty and errors in human knowledge, teaching us how to deal with and how to benefit from unpredictability.
- Unexplainable Randomness
- The World’s Economy
- Chance and Dynamics of Historical Events
- The Future
- Learning to Expect the Unexpected
What he offers
How he presents
A naturally inspirational orator, Nassim gets amongst his audiences around the world to motivate and personally inspire them.
Nassim Nicholas Taleb spent 21 years as a risk taker before becoming a researcher in practical and philosophical problems with probability. Taleb is the author of a multivolume essay, the Incerto (The Black Swan, Fooled by Randomness, and Antifragile) covering broad facets of uncertainty. It has been translated into 36 languages.
In addition to his trader life, Taleb has also published, as a backup of the Incerto, more than 45 scholarly papers in statistical physics, statistics, philosophy, ethics, economics, international affairs, and quantitative finance, all around the notion of risk and probability. He spent time as a professional researcher (Distinguished Professor of Risk Engineering at NYU’s School of Engineering and Dean’s Professor at U. Mass Amherst). His current focus is on the properties of systems that can handle disorder (“antifragile”). Taleb refuses all honors and anything that “turns knowledge into a spectator sport”.
- Silent Risk, The Technical Incerto: Lectures on Risk and Probability, Vol 1 (2015)
- A Mathematical Formulation of Fragility, The Technical Incerto: Lectures on Risk and Probability, Vol 2 (with Raphael Douady) (2015)
- Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder (2012)
- The Bed of Procrustes: Philosophical and Practical Aphorisms (2010)
- The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable (2007)
- Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets (2001)
- Dynamic Hedging: Managing Vanilla and Exotic Options (1997)
- 2013, 2014: The most influential 100 thought leaders in the world by the GDI Institute
- 2012, he ranked fourth in terms of the number of downloaded papers on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
- 2011, he made the Bloomberg 50 most influential people in global finance
- 2009, Made the Forbes Magazine list of “Most Influential Management Gurus”
- 2008, Prospect Magazine Long list for Public Intellectual of the Year
- 2008, Frost & Sullivan Visionary of the Year Award
- 2007, getAbstract International Book Award
- Selected for the Power 30 in Business by SmartMoney in October 2007
- Inducted into the Derivatives Hall of Fame in February 2001
Presentation Languages: English, French