Kate delivers exceptionally engaging and practical talks on virtually any aspect of leadership, from strategy development to execution to creating sustainable cultures of deeply connected and supportive communities. She draws on her deep experience in consulting with individuals and companies in over 25 countries over the past 20 years. Her aim no matter where she works is to help hasten the shift away from command and control approaches to leadership toward mutual respect and communication – not only within the company but also with the community and a range of stakeholders.
- Leadership 3.0
- Creating Global Leaders: Leading the Many, Not the Few
- Building a Community of Leaders
- Building Leaders for the Future
- Reinvention: Thriving Personally and Organizationally in the Age of Disruption
- Entrepreneurs as Leader-Accelerators
What she offers
How she presents
Kate works closely with her clients to deliver her messages in ways that resonate with them. She is equally comfortable with a TED style talk or a lecture format.
Kate Sweetman believes that the world is overdue for a major leadership upgrade: full stop. Too many companies are relying on old “software” as they try to incorporate new technologies, business models, and, yes, millennials. Her research shows a new way forward.
Kate is a former editor at Harvard Business Review, two time recipient of Thinkers50 designations, and a compelling speaker, advisor, facilitator, researcher and writer about leadership and change. Most recently, she conducted a global study in 40 countries and 59 different industries to answer the pressing question: “How do you lead in the Age of Disruption?” Kate’s book ‘Reinvention’ received the International Best Book Award in 2016; her 2009 book ‘Leadership Code’ has sold over 60,000 copies. Her articles have appeared in HBR, Sloan Management Review, Huffington Post, CEO Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine and a host of other publications around the globe.
A high energy, well-practiced, interactive, and credibly -researched answer to the key leadership question, brought alive by real-life stories, interactive exercises, compelling videos – all delivered at high energy with a quick wit.
Kate’s examples range around the world based on her own experience consulting in 25 countries, and can draw upon animating stories from virtually any industry – from fertilizers to LED lighting to financial services to pharmaceuticals and beyond.
Kate’s presentations and workshops are exceptionally engaging and she equips her audiences with plenty of practical solutions.
- Reinvention: Accelerating Results in the Age of Disruption (2016)
- Leadership Code (with Dave Ulrich & Norm Smallwood) (2008)
- Kate’s team won the ASTD (American Society of Trainers and Developers) top prize in 2004 for developing a leadership program with practical and measurable impact. This leadership and culture change program for Verizon was calculated to have achieved an ROI of more than 250 percent within the first six months of implementation.
“The best word to describe her presentation is ‘powerful’. She has insight, authority, huge experience and some terrific stories.”
“Kate’s work is a tonic for the audience. She brings wit and wisdom, heart and soul.”
Presentation Languages: English