Jeffrey Garten explores the challenges business leaders will face in the decade ahead: responding to emerging markets, aggressively pursuing innovation, investing in design and coping with the changing political and social environment. As one of the nation’s foremost experts on globalization, Jeffrey Garten provides audiences with the skills they need to navigate the ever-shifting, borderless global economy.
- Emerging Markets
- The Future of the Global Economy
- The Global Corporate Executive
- Five Burning Questions
- The Company of the Future
- How Will Business Leadership Change in the
- Where Is the Global Economy Headed and
What Will It Mean to You?
What he offers
How he presents
Jeffrey Garten is a highly professional and informative speaker. He educates audiences with his presentations on leading global economic concepts and developments.
Jeffrey Garten is widely recognised as an expert on global business strategy, finance and trade. He is Dean Emeritus at the Yale School of Management. From 1996–2005 he was the dean of the school, and from 2005 to 2015 he was the Juan Trippe Professor in international trade, finance, and business. He is also chairman of Garten Rothkopf, a global consulting firm which works with corporations on long-term global strategies.
Prior to serving as dean, he was undersecretary of commerce for international trade, 1993-1995, where he focused on trade and investment negotiations and policy towards big emerging markets—particularly China, India, and Brazil. Before government service he spent 13 years on Wall Street. As a managing director of Lehman Brothers, he specialized in debt restructuring in Latin America, built up Lehman’s investment banking business in Asia, and restructured some of the world’s largest shipping companies in Hong Kong. From 1997-2005 he wrote a monthly column for BusinessWeek on major challenges facing global business leaders. His articles have also appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, Foreign Affairs, and the Harvard Business Review. He currently serves on the boards of directors of a variety of companies including Aetna Corporation, CarMax Inc.
- From Silk to Silicon: The Story of Globalization Through Ten Extraordinary Lives (Forthcoming)
- The Politics of Fortune: A New Agenda for Business Leaders (2002)
- The Mind of the CEO (2001)
- The Big Ten: The Big Emerging Markets and How They Will Change Our Lives (1997)
- A Cold Peace: America, Japan, Germany and the Struggle for Supremacy (1992)
Presentation Languages: English