Haiyan Wang presents an insider’s perspective on how people from various social layers of China see the shifting landscape and their role in it. She will bring alive the hot button issues facing people from different walks of China that matter to government and business decision makers both within China as well as outside. Drawing on her broad international experience, she consults with clients and speaks at conferences on building and exploiting global presence, especially in China.
- China: What Lies Ahead
- Global Megatrends and Game Changers
- Emerging Markets, Diverging Futures
- Asia’s Rise and Its Implications
- Getting China and India Right
- Global Enterprise 2020
- Cultivating A Global Mindset
- Smart Globalization – Building and Leveraging Global Presence
What she offers
How she presents
Shedding light on the brutal competition for today’s markets and resources in China and India, Haiyan Wang’s fascinating and informative presentations give deep understanding and insight in a clear and easily digestible style.
Haiyan Wang is Managing Partner of the China India Institute, a Washington DC based research and advisory organization with a focus on creating winning global strategies, organizations and mindsets that leverage the transformational rise of emerging markets, foremost China and India. She has also been an Adjunct Professor of Strategy at INSEAD. She has been short-listed for the “2013 Global Solutions Award” and “2011 Global Village Award.” Haiyan co-writes a regular column for Bloomberg Businessweek and blogs for Harvard Business Review.
Haiyan has served as a Contributing Editor for the Chief Executive magazine. Her opinion pieces have also appeared in leading international media such as The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Businessweek, Financial Times, Wired, The Economic Times, China Daily, The Times of India, South China Morning Post, as well as other outlets. She has been frequently interviewed by CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, India Today, CCTV, CNN Expansión, Shanghai Daily, INSEAD Knowledge and other prominent business media. A native of China, Haiyan has spoken at major conferences such as Summer Davos, Economist, TEDx, CNN Expansión, Brookings Institution, Asia Society events as well as corporate forums in the United States, Europe, Asia, and Latin America. Prior to co-founding China India Institute in 2007, Haiyan spent over fifteen years consulting for and managing multinational business operations in China and the United States in several different industry sectors. She started her career in Beijing, China, managing steel imports for one of China’s largest conglomerates, MINMETALS.
- The Silk Road Rediscovered: How Indian and Chinese Companies Are Becoming Globally Stronger by Winning in Each Others Markets (with Anil K. Gupta and Girija Pande) (2014)
- Getting China and India Right (with Anil K. Gupta) (2009)
- The Quest For Global Dominance: Transforming Global Presence Into Global Competitive Advantage, (with Anil K. Gupta and Vijay Govindarajan) (2008)
- Listed by Thinkers 50 in “On the Guru Radar”
- Named a “New Guru” by The Economic Times
- Her book “Getting China and India Right” received the 2009 Axiom Book Awards’ Silver Prize as one of the world’s two best books on globalization/international business
“Thank you so much for the marvellous speech. It was really great. Thank you for your invaluable contribution to our programme with your inspiring presentation. Hoping to meet you somewhere again.”
Presentation Languages: English, Chinese