Drawing on his considerable expertise as one of Europe’s most distinguished leaders, Gerhard Schröder offers audiences an in depth analysis of the current worldwide political and economic horizon. He provides valuable insights into the strategic issues such as energy including climate change, international cooperation in transportation and markets and greater energy efficiency and use of renewables.
- The Global Economic Crisis: Challenges & Solutions
- Multilateralism in the New Millennium
- Keys to Leadership
- Confronting Global Inequality
What he offers
How he presents
A highly respected speaker, Gerhard Schröder’s high content presentations are always skilfully delivered and well received by international audiences across the globe.
Gerhard Schröder was the seventh Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, a position he held from 1998 to 2005. His chancellorship was marked by extensive social and regulatory reforms, as well as a growing awareness of Germany’s global responsibility. After he left political office Gerhard Schröder resumed work as a lawyer in a private firm in Hanover and accepted a number of honorary positions. He is also the chair of the shareholders’ committee of Nord Stream AG, a European-Russian consortium that built and operates a natural gas pipeline between Western Europe and Russia.
Subsequent to his tenure as Chancellor, Schröder went on to accept a number of honorary appointments, both national and international. Among other positions, he is a patron of the Aladdin Project, an initiative of the Fondation pour la Mémoire de la Shoah under the patronage of UNESCO to foster intercultural and interfaith dialogue across the globe; a member of the InterActionCouncil, an international council of former state and government leaders; honorary chairman of Nah- und Mittelostvereins (NuMOV), which seeks to improve relations with Middle East countries.
Meanwhile, Chancellor Schröder was laying the groundwork for a career in politics. He joined the Social Democrats in 1963, and in 1978 became the federal chairman of the party’s Youth Organization. From there it was a short trip to the National Parliament, to which he was first elected in 1980. Moving swiftly on, Chancellor Schröder focused on Lower Saxony, his home and Germany’s largest federal state, in 1986 and quickly became the State’s Prime Minister. In 1998, he stood for national election and a tremendous victory catapulted him into the Chancellor’s seat.
Known for his charismatic delivery and unparalleled insights, Chancellor Schröder is a leading World statesman and internationally recognized authority on global relations, economic development and social change.
- Klare Worte (2014)
- Entscheidungen (2007)
- Investments into the Future (2003)
- Deutschland wird selbstbewusster (2000)
- Annaherungen (1990)
- Der Herausforderer (1986)
- Elected a corresponding member of the Department of Social Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2008)
- Quadriga Prize (2007)
- Knight Grand Cross of the Grand Order of Queen Jelena (2007), “for exceptional merit in the recognition of Croatia and the support of Croatia on the road to the EU”
- Honorary citizen of Hanover (2006)
- Schröder has been awarded honorary doctorates by Tongji University in Shanghai (2002), St. Petersburg University (2003), Marmara University in Istanbul (2005) and University of Göttingen (2005), University of Damascus in Damascus, Syria
- Order of the White Eagle (Poland, 2002)
- Grand Cross of the Order of the Star of Romania
Presentation Languages: German