As a master of strategy, he applies the insights and unique perspective from his extraordinary chess career to the issues of leadership, strategy and success in business. Known as an extremely intuitive chess player, Garry also emphasizes intuition’s role in achieving an individual’s full potential and achieving superior performance as the leader of an organization.
- Strategic Thinking / Business Strategy and Decisions
- Creativity and Innovation
- Information Acceleration
- Achieving Goals
- Human and Machine
- Anticipating the Future
- “Simul” Play Chess with Garry Kasparov
What he offers
How he presents
Garry’s presentations and moderations are never far from what he knows best – strategy and logical thinking. He takes his listeners into the world of calculus, deep thought, the analytical mind and what constitutes intelligence without reducing the answer to plain black and white.
Garry Kasparov is a Russian pro-democracy leader, global human-rights activist, business speaker and author, and former world chess champion. Kasparov became the under-18 chess champion of the USSR at the age of 12 and the world under-20 champion at 17. He came to international fame at the age of 22 as the youngest world chess champion in history in 1985. Seeking new challenges, he retired from professional chess in 2005 after a record 20 years as the world’s top-ranked player. He is the founder and inspiration behind the Kasparov Chess Foundation with the purpose of bringing chess into the educational system in the USA and worldwide.
Kasparov’s famous matches against the IBM super-computer Deep Blue in 1996-97 were key to bringing artificial intelligence, and chess, into the mainstream. Kasparov has been a contributing editor to the Wall Street Journal since 1991 and is a regular commentator on politics and human rights. He is a Senior Visiting Fellow at the Oxford-Martin School with a focus on human-machine collaboration. Kasparov also turned his energy to writing and public speaking. Kasparov’s keynote lectures and seminars on strategic thinking, achieving peak performance, and tech innovation have been acclaimed in dozens of countries.
- Winter Is Coming: Why Putin and the Enemies of the Free World Must Be Stopped (2015)
- Garry Kasparov on Garry Kasparov, Part III (2014)
- Garry Kasparov on Garry Kasparov, Part II (2013)
- The Blueprint (with Max Levchin and Peter Thiel) (2012)
- Garry Kasparov on Garry Kasparov, Part I (2011)
- Checkmate II – Tactics (2010)
- Garry Kasparov on Modern Chess Series, 4 Parts (2007-2010)
- How Life Imitates Chess (2007)
- Garry Kasparov on My Great Predecessors, 5 Parts, (2003-2006)
- Checkmate!: My First Chess Book (2004)
- Kasparov Against the World (2000)
- Lessons in Chess (1997)
- Unlimited Challenge (1990)
- The Test of Time (Russian Chess) (1986)
“He takes his listeners into the world of calculus, deep thought, the analytical mind and what constitutes intelligence without reducing the answer to plain black and white.”
“As a master of strategy, he applies the insights and unique perspective from his extraordinary chess career to the issues of leadership, strategy and success in business.”
Presentation Languages: English, Russian and many more languages