Few can match Dr. Kouchner in the humanitarian field; he has travelled extensively in all the troubled areas of the world and helped to save the lives of millions. He offers audiences great insights into what drives him and how he came up with his remarkable ideas.
- Humanitarianism & The Responsibility of Developed Nations
- Universal Access to Healthcare
- Healthcare Economics and News
- The Peace Process & The Middle East
- Europe & The Eurozone: What Are the Issues for the Future?
What he offers
How he presents
A brilliant communicator, Bernard talks passionately about his experiences and always leaves audiences inspired and motivated.
Bernard Kouchner is a politician and physician. He is the co-founder of Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres, MSF) and Medecins du Monde (Medicines of the World). From 2007 until 2010, he was the French Minister of Foreign and European Affairs in the center-right Fillon government under president Nicolas Sarkozy, although he had been in the past a minister in socialist governments. In 2010, the Jerusalem Post considered Bernard Kouchner the 15th most influential Jew in the world. Since 2015 Kouchner is workstream leader for the AMU (Agency for the Modernisation of Ukraine), where he contributes his expertise in healthcare.
He has written many books, and has revolutionized humanitarianism throughout the world. During the remaining 1980s, he organized several operations, including a boat for Vietnam; a boat for Lebanon; a plane for the refugees from El Salvador; and the International Committee against piracy. Perhaps most famous of the operations he led in this time period was Operation Restore Hope in Somalia. He has served in several political posts in France, as France’s first Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and later as French Minister of Health. He was a member of the European Parliament from 1994 to 1997. He was Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the UN in Kosovo from 1999 to 2001.
- Deux ou trois choses que je sais de nous (2006)
- Les Guerriers De LA Paix (2004)
- Le premier qui dit la vérité… (2002)
- La Dictature Medicale (1996)
- Victor Gollancz Prize (2014)
- Prix Europe (1984)
- Athinai Prize of the Alexander Onassis Foundation (1981)
- Dag Hammarskjold Award (1979)
- Louise Weiss Prize of the European Parliament (1979)
Presentation Languages: English, French