Prof. Ayhan Kaya shares his comprehensive insights on the most important issues in international relations such as multiculturalism, international migration, refugees within the framework of Turkey-European Union relations.
- Immigration in the Context of Turkey and Europe
- The Theory of Politics, Contemporary Political Ideologies
What he offers
How he presents
He shares his academic studies with the audience in a plain and fluent language and shares his analysis on tomorrow’s world in an objective and inspiring way.
Prof. Dr Ayhan Kaya is a faculty member of Bilgi University Department of International Relations and Political Science. Kaya has previously served as the manager of European Union Institute and elected as a member to Academy Of Science at 2012 of same university .
He completed his BA and MA at Marmara University in International Relations and completed his MA and PhD in Ethnic Relations at Universtiy of Warvwick. Kaya was the chief researcher of “Nativism, Islamophobism and Islamism in the Age of Populism: Culturalisation and Religionization of What is Social, Economic and Political in Europe” project within the scope of ERC.
In 2013, Kaya served as the chairman of Aziz Nesin Chair at European University Viadrina, and as Willy Brandt Chair at Malmö University in Sweden in 2011.
He worked as a lecturer at the European University Institute in Florence, The Robert Schuman Center for Advanced Studies (RSCAS), and New York University in Florence, as a Jean Monnet member between 2016-17.
Since 2019, Kaya has been conducting a project focused on the radicalization among youth in Europe, within the scope of European Research Council.
- Populism and Heritage in Europe: Lost in Diversity and Unity, 2019
- Populism in European Memory (Chiara de Cesari ile beraber), 2019
- Turkish Origin Migrants and their Descendants:Hyphenated Identities in Transnational , 2018
- European and Tolerance in Turkey: The Myth of Toleration, 2013
- Islam, Migration and Integration: The Age of Securitization, 2012
Presentation Languages: Turkish, English