Dr. Gupta studies how the rise of emerging economies is changing the structure of the global economy. He also talks about the key questions that business leaders must address in order to develop winning strategies to go global and to transform global presence into global competitive advantage.
- Global Megatrends and Game Changers
- Emerging Markets, Diverging Futures
- Asia’s Rise and Its Implications
- Getting China and India Right
- Global Enterprise 2020
- Cultivating A Global Mindset
- Smart Globalization – Building and Leveraging Global Presence
What he offers
How he presents
Anil Gupta’s candid presentations on the global perspective and the realities of China and India are highly captivating, insightful and thought-provoking.
Dr. Anil K. Gupta is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on strategy, globalization and entrepreneurship. Ranked by Thinkers50 as one of the world’s “most influential living management thinkers,” he has been named by The Economist as one of the world’s “superstars” in a cover story on “Innovation in Emerging Economies.” The UK-based HotTopics has also named him as one of the world’s “100 most influential professors of entrepreneurship.” Further, he is one of only 3 professors in the world to have been elected by his peers as a Lifetime Fellow of the three most prestigious bodies in the field – Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society, and Academy of International Business, with a combined membership of over 25,000 scholars worldwide. He is the Michael D. Dingman Chair in Strategy, Globalization and Entrepreneurship and Distinguished Scholar-Teacher at the Smith School of Business, The University of Maryland at College Park. Anil also serves as chairman, The China India Institute, a Washington DC-based research and consulting organization. He has earlier served as the INSEAD Chaired Professor in Strategy at INSEAD and a visiting professor at Stanford University as well as Dartmouth College.
Anil’s other honors include the “Best Professor in Strategic Management” award from CMO Asia, recognition by BusinessWeek as an Outstanding Faculty in its Guide to the Best B-Schools, induction into the Academy of Management Journals’ Hall of Fame, and listing by Management International Review as a “North American Superstar” for research in strategy and organization. He is also a regular participant at the World Economic Forum summits including the annual meeting in Davos and the regional meetings in China, India, and the Middle East. He is also a member of the Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Emerging Multinationals. Anil serves as a columnist for Bloomberg BusinessWeek, as a Contributing Editor for Chief Executive Magazine, and as a contributor to HBR.org. His opinion pieces have also been published in The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Chief Executive Magazine, Daily Telegraph, China Daily, Economic Times, and other outlets.
Anil serves regularly as a keynote speaker at major conferences and corporate forums in the US, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and Africa – including the World Economic Forum, Economist conferences, Chief Executive magazine’s CEO2CEO Summits, and the Yale CEO Summit. He has also served as a consultant, keynote speaker and/or executive education faculty with some of the largest corporations in the world. Anil is an elected member of the board of directors of Origene Technologies (a gene cloning company). He has earlier served on the boards of Omega Worldwide (NASDAQ), Vitalink Pharmaceutical Services (NYSE), NeoMagic Corporation (NASDAQ), and TiE-DC, the premier organization of entrepreneurs and VCs in the U.S. Mid-Atlantic region. He also serves on the advisory boards of the E-Ship Centre at IIT Bombay, Asia Silicon Valley Connection and India Globalization Capital. He has also served as an advisor to the US-India Business Council.
- The Silk Road Rediscovered (wiht Girija Pande and Haiyan Wang) (2014)
- Global Strategies for Emerging Asia (with Toshiro Wakayama and U. Srinivasa Rangan) (2012)
- Getting China and India Right (with Haiyan Wang) (2009)
- The Quest for Global Dominance (with V. Govindarajan and Haiyan Wang) (2008)
- Smart Globalization (2003)
- Global Strategy and Organization (2003)
- Ranked by Thinkers50 once again (in 2015) as one of the “world’s 50 most influential management thinkers”
- Ranked by UK-based Hot Topics as one of the world’s “100 most influential professors of entrepreneurship” (based on nominations by tech entrepreneurs)
- Named by The Economist as one of the world’s “rising superstars” for research on emerging markets “Best Professor in Strategic Management”
- Award from CMO Asia Recognized by BusinessWeek as an Outstanding Faculty in its Guide to the Best B-Schools
- Inducted into the Academy of Management Journals’ Hall of Fame
- Listed by Management International Review as a “North American Superstar” for research in strategy and organization
- Getting China and India Right received the 2009 Axiom Book Awards’ Silver Prize
- Received the Glueck Best Paper Award from the Business Policy and Strategy Division of the Academy of Management
- Received the “Distinguished Scholar-Teacher Award” from The University of Maryland – the highest campus-level recognition given by the university to any of its professors
- Two-time winner of the Allen J. Krowe Award for Excellence in Teaching, The Robert H. Smith School of Business, The University of Maryland at College Park
- Received the Broderick Prize for Excellence in Research, Boston University
“One of the Top 20 North American Superstars for research in strategy and organization.”
Presentation Languages: English