It is Anders’ experience and achievements along with his outstanding abilities which makes him recognised as a hugely respected voice in global politics. Anders gives unique insights into geopolitical trends and international hotspots. He also shares solutions to the current international security challenges and discusses blockchain technology with great clarity.
- Geopolitical Trends and International Hot Spots
- International Security Challenges
- Geopolitical Changes – Europe’s Role
- Leadership in a Troubled World
- Technology: New Frontiers in the Battle for Global Leadership
- Influence of Technology on Geopolitics
What he offers
How he presents
Drawing on his skills as an effective communicator, Anders Fogh Rasmussen’s presentations engage worldwide audiences keen to hear his unique perspective on a variety of current issues.
Anders Fogh Rasmussen has been at the centre of European and global politics for three decades as Secretary General of NATO, Prime Minister of Denmark, Danish Minister of Economic Affairs, and a leading Danish parliamentarian. During his time with NATO, he developed a new Strategic Concept, which set the Alliance’s core priorities for the future. In the midst of the most serious economic crisis in recent time, he launched “Smart Defence” to help nations make more efficient use of their resources through more multinational cooperation. In 2016, Mr Rasmussen was appointed adviser to Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko.
He studied economics at the University of Aarhus. In 1998, Mr Rasmussen became chairman of the Liberal Party and leader of the Danish opposition. In 2001, Mr Rasmussen became Prime Minister. His government was re-elected in 2005 and 2007 respectively and he held the position as Prime Minister until he was elected as future NATO Secretary General. Mr Rasmussen took office as the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s 12th Secretary General on 1 August 2009 and held that position until 30 September 2014. His tenure marked a fundamental transformation of the Alliance.
- The Will to Lead: America’s Indispensable Role in the Global Fight for Freedom (2016)
- Knight Grand Cross in the Order of Orange-Nassau (2014)
- St. George Medal, 1st Class, awarded by the Defence Minister of Bulgaria (2014)
- Order of Stara Planina, awarded by the President of Bulgaria (2014)
- Order of Liberty, awarded by the President of Ukraine (2014)
- Doctor Honoris Causa title by the University of Bucharest (2013)
- Medal of Merit in Gold (2012)
- Grand Cross of the Order of Dannebrog (2009)
Presentation Languages: English, Danish