As a speaker he talks about the areas that he is specialized; Leadership Development, Human Resources and Work–Life Integration on the application theory and research on the real challenges facing organizations.
- Total Leadership
- Leadership Succession
- Work and Family
- Skills for Integrating Work and Life
What he offers
How he presents
In a brilliant and relaxed way, he conveys complex issues within leadership and skills for integrating work and life context with ease and great clarity.
Stewart D. Friedman is a professor at the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. He has been on the Wharton faculty since 1984. He became the Management Department’s first Practice Professor for his work on applying theory and research to the real challenges facing organizations. As founding director of The Wharton Leadership Program, in 1991 he initiated the required MBA and Undergraduate leadership courses. He is also founding director of Wharton’s Work/Life Integration Project.
In 2001 Stew concluded a two-year assignment as a senior executive at Ford Motor Company, where he was director of the Leadership Development Center (LDC), running a 50-person, $25 MM operation. Stew serves on a number of boards and has advised a wide range of companies and public sector organizations, including the U.S. Department of Labor, the United Nations, and two White House administrations. He gives keynote addresses and conducts workshops globally on leadership and the whole person, creating change, and strategic human resources issues.
- Leading the Life You Want: Skills for Integrating Work and Life (2014)
- Baby Bust: New Choices for Men and Women in Work and Family (2013)
- Leadership Succession (2011)
- Total Leadership: Be a Better Leader, Have a Richer Life (2008)
- Work and Family – Allies or Enemies? (2000)
- Integrating Work and Life: The Wharton Resource Guide (1998)
- HR Magazine Most Influential Thinkers, 2015-2016 & 2014
- Thinkers50 Distinguished Award for Talent, 2015
- Axiom Business Book Award, 2015
- Work Life Legacy Award by the Families and Work Institute, 2013-2014
- Thinkers 50: The world’s top 50 business thinkers, 2013-2015
- Excellence in Teaching Award: Core Curriculum, 2011
- William Whitney Teaching Award, 2007
- One of Working Mother’s 25 Most Influential Men, 2007
Presentation Languages: English