Martin shows how integrative thinkers are relentlessly diagnosing and synthesizing by asking probing questions. “What are the causal relationships at work here?” “What are the implied trade-offs?” He also presents a model for strengthening your integrative thinking skills of by drawing on different kinds of knowledge, including conceptual and experiential knowledge.
- Personal Development
- Strategic Planning
What he offers
How he presents
An informative and engaging speaker, Roger Martin’s presentations are well researched and filled with a wealth of useful actionable information.
Roger Martin is the Institute Director of the Martin Prosperity Institute at the Rotman School of Management and the Premier’s Chair in Productivity & Competitiveness. From 1998 to 2013, he served as Dean. In 2013, he was named global Dean of the Year by the leading business school website, Poets & Quants. In 2013, Roger placed 3rd on the Thinkers50 list, a biannual ranking of the most influential global business thinkers. In 2010, he was named one of the 27 most influential designers in the world by Business Week. In 2005, Business Week also named him one of seven global ‘Innovation Gurus.’
Roger is a trusted strategy advisor to the CEOs of companies worldwide including Procter & Gamble, Lego, IDEO and Verizon. He serves on a number of public service boards: Skoll Foundation, Canadian Credit Management Foundation, Tennis Canada (past chair), and Bridgespan Group (academic advisory board chair). Roger received his AB from Harvard College, with a concentration in Economics, in 1979 and his MBA from the Harvard Business School in 1981.
- Getting Beyond Better (with Sally Osberg) (2015)
- Playing to Win (with A.G. Lafley) (2013)
- Canada: What It Is, What It Can Be (with Jim Milway) (2012)
- Fixing the Game (2011)
- The Design of Business (2009)
- Diaminds (with Mihnea Moldoveanu) (2009)
- The Future of the MBA (with Mihnea Moldoveanu) (2008)
- The Opposable Mind (2007)
- The Responsibility Virus (2002)
- Thinkers50 Social Enterprise Award, 2015
- Strategy + Business, What You Read: The 10 Most Popular s+b Articles of 2015
- His book “Playing to Win” won the Award for Best Book of 2012-13 by the Thinkers50
- GMGA (Global Management Guru Award) India’s 25 Top Management Gurus, 2012
- Harvard Business Review’s 52nd Annual McKinsey Awards: Second Place Award for Roger Martin – The Age of Customer Capitalism, 2011
- Marshall McLuhan Award for “Visionary Leadership”, 2004
Presentation Languages: English