Dr. Nouriel Roubini is a successful forecaster of the current financial crisis, with distinctive insight into its course going forward. He is known for his now-vindicated predictions of the current financial crisis. He speaks on the global economic outlook and its implications for financial markets.
- Financial Crisis
- Finance and Investing
- Economic Forecasts
- Economic Overview
What he offers
How he presents
Thanks to his deep understanding of macroeconomics and political economy he inspires audiences worldwide.
Nouriel Roubini is a professor of economics at New York University’s Stern School of Business and is the cofounder and chairman of Roubini Global Economics, an independent, global macroeconomic research firm. Dr. Roubini has extensive policy experience as well as broad academic credentials.
From 1998 to 2000, he served as the senior economist for international affairs on the White House Council of Economic Advisors and then the senior advisor to the undersecretary for international affairs at the U.S. Treasury Department, helping to resolve the Asian and global financial crises, among other issues. The International Monetary Fund, the World Bank and numerous other prominent public and private institutions have drawn upon his consulting expertise. He has published over 70 theoretical, empirical and policy papers on international macroeconomic issues and coauthored the books. Dr. Roubini’s views on global economic issues are widely cited by the media, and he is a frequent commentator on various business news programs. He has been the subject of extended profiles in the New York Times Magazine and other leading current-affairs publications. The Financial Times has also provided extensive coverage of Dr. Roubini’s perspectives.
- Crisis Economics: A Crash Course in the Future of Finance (with Stephen Mihm) (2010)
- Bailouts or Bail-ins? Responding to Financial Crises in Emerging Markets (with Brad Setser) (2004)
- Political Cycles: Theory and Evidence (with Alberto Alesina and Gerald D. Cohen) (1997)
- Ranked #12 in the 2011 Foreign Policy’s List of Top Global Thinkers
- Chosen for the Foreign Policy’s Top 100 Global Thinkers 2010 List
- 2010 Time Magazine List of 100 Most Influential People in the World
- Named to Fortune Magazine’s List of “10 New Gurus You Should Know”
Presentation Languages: English