Do you want to position marketing more strategically within your organisation? He will show you how to raise the status of marketing by concentrating on cross functionality and bottom line impact. His most recent work positions him as the Western business leader’s insider’s guide to the art of doing business with Indian leaders and companies. He believes that the marketing function is currently in crisis and explains why. His teaching skills were recognised with Business Week’s highest four-star rating in their guide to MBA programmes.
- Creating Customer Value
- Manufacturer-Retailer Relationships
- Romancing the Brand
- From Market Driven to Market Driving
What he offers
How he presents
His blend of research and business experience translates into powerful and pragmatic advice. Kumar learned marketing at the knee of Philip Kotler and practices what he preaches with energetic gusto. He is passionate about marketing and willing to espouse controversial positions.
Prof. Nirmalya Kumar is one of the world’s leading thinkers on strategy and marketing. He is visiting professor of marketing at London Business School. He was professor of marketing and director of Aditya Birla India Centre at the London Business School. He has previously taught at Harvard Business School, IMD (Switzerland) and Northwestern University (Kellogg School of Management). He is a member of the Group Executive Council of Tata Sons.
As a consultant, coach, and conference speaker, Nirmalya has worked with more than 50 Fortune 500 companies in 60 different countries. He has served on several boards of directors, including billion dollar plus companies and companies included in India’s stock indices. He has published several articles in Harvard Business Review and other leading academic journals. All of the above has led to 500 press appearances, six European case (ECCH) adoption awards, as well as several teaching, research, and lifetime achievement honors.
- Brand Breakout: How Emerging Market Brands Will Go Global (2013)
- India Inside (2012)
- India’s Global Powerhouses (2009)
- Private Label Strategy (2007)
- Value Merchants (2007)
- Marketing as Strategy: Understanding the CEO’s agenda for driving growth and innovation (2004)
- In 2012, SOAS (the School of Oriental and African Studies of University of London) Awarded Him an Honorary Fellowship
- In 2011, he was included in Thinkers50 and received their “Global Village Award” (for the person who contributed most to the business community’s understanding of globalization and the new frontiers established by the emerging markets)
- In 2010, Speaking.com Voted Nirmalya Amongst the Top 5 Marketing Speakers Worldwide
- In 2010, Economic Times Placed Him 6th on the List of Global Indian Thought Leaders
- In 2010, Economist Referred to Him as a “Rising Superstar” in Their Cover Story “The New Masters of Management”
- Marketing Science Institute’s Alden G. Clayton Award for his PhD Dissertation
- Included in 50 Best B-school Professors (Poets&Quants)
- Included in 50 Most Influential Business School Professors (mbarankings.com)
Presentation Languages: English