In his speeches Lord Stern presents in-depth analysis and his views on the current economic climate. He talks about the risks posed by global climate change and the opportunities that are available to investors, companies and countries in investing in a low carbon future. In addition he has extensive knowledge on development in Africa India and China and helps investors understand the economic and geo-political outlook in these regions.
- The Economic Implications of Global
- Mid-Term Economic Growth
- A New Industrial Revolution
- The Consequences of Profound Changes in the International Division of Labour
- Ethics and Economics
What he offers
How he presents
In his insightful presentations Lord Nicholas Stern provides an unparalleled level of in-depth analysis into all facets of the world’s current economic landscape. He clarifies complex economic issues and looks not only at the factors affecting today’s global markets but also at the factors which will affect organizations and global markets in the long term.
Lord Nicholas Stern is the author of the seminal Review on the Economics of Climate Change and former Chief Economist at the World Bank. Professor Stern is the IG Patel Professor of Economics and Government, Chairman of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment and Head of the India Observatory at the London School of Economics. He is President of the British Academy (from July 2013), and was elected Fellow of the Royal Society (June 2014).
Professor Stern was Chief Economist of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, 1994-1999, and Chief Economist and Senior Vice President at the World Bank, 2000-2003. He was Second Permanent Secretary to Her Majesty’s Treasury from 2003-2005; Director of Policy and Research for the Prime Minister’s Commission for Africa from 2004-2005; Head of the Stern Review on the Economics of Climate Change, published in 2006; and Head of the Government Economic Service from 2003-2007.
- Why Are We Waiting? (2015)
- The Global Development of Policy Regimes to Combat Climate Change (2014)
- The New Bihar: Rekindling Governance and Development (with N. K. Singh) (2015, Paperback; 2013, Kindle Edition)
- A Blueprint for a Safer Planet (2009)
- The Global Deal: Climate Change and the Creation of a New Era of Progress and Prosperity (2009)
- The Economics of Climate Change: The Stern Review (2007)
- Schumpeter Award 2015
- In 2014, Stern was elected a fellow of the Royal Society
- 2013 Stephen H. Schneider Award by Climate One at The Commonwealth Club in San Francisco, California
- The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Award 2011, BBVA Foundation
- Leontief Prize for Advancing the Frontiers of Economic Thought, Tufts University, 2010
- Fundación Ideas (Madrid) 2010 Award
- International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA) Global Environment Award 2010
- CORINE Future Focus Book Prize 2009
- Prince Albert II Foundation Award of Honour 2009
- Asahi Glass Foundation 2009 Blue Planet Prize
- Royal Geographical Society Patron’s Medal 2009
- Building a Better World Award 2008: CH2MHill
- PSA Award, Political Publication of the Year 2007 (Stern Review)
- In 2007, he was made a cross-bench life peer as Baron Stern of Brentford
- In 2004, Queen’s Birthday Honours he was made a Knight Bachelor, for services to Economics
Presentation Languages: English