With an acute awareness of politics, economics and emerging technologies, he offers decision makers the tools to be able to decide what they must do to stay competitive in the global market. He explains and analyses the transformations in the social, political and economic environment worldwide and the implications for business and public policy.
- Economic Drivers of the Global Marketplace in the Age of Political Risk
- Leading in Hard Times
- Threats and Opportunities in the War Against Terrorism
- World Economic Growth and the Future of the Emerging Markets
- The Triumph of the Markets: Global Politics and Economics
- International Terrorism and Its Impact on the Global Economy
- Getting to the Future: The Ten Principal Drivers of the Global Economy
- The Volatile Middle East
What he offers
How he presents
He is a stimulating and magnetic speaker whose qualities are best illustrated through examples of his speeches and presentations and the feedback from the numerous business executives who have heard him speak.
Marvin Zonis is a Professor Emeritus at the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago. At Chicago Booth, Zonis taught courses on the International Political Economy, Political Risk, and Business Leadership. He is also a best-selling author, has appeared on numerous network television news programmes, and he has also published articles in leading international newspapers around the world.
He also consults to corporations and professional asset management firms throughout the world, helping them to identify, assess, and manage their political risks in the changing global environment. He is a member of the Board of Advisers for the Comptroller General of the United States at the GAO, the Board of Directors of CNA Financial, a Fellow of PWC Advisory Services, and also a member of the Board of Directors of the Fondation Etats Unis. He was educated at Yale University, the Harvard Business School, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he received a Ph.D. in Political Science, and the Institute for Psychoanalysis, Chicago, where he received psychoanalytic training.
- Risk Rules: How Local Politics Threaten the Global Economy (2011)
- The Kimchi Matters: Global Business and Local Realities in a Crisis Driven World (2003)
- The Eastern European Opportunity (1992)
- Majestic Failure: The Fall of the Shah (1991)
- The Political Elite of Iran (1971)
- Quantrell Award for excellence in undergraduate teaching at the University of Chicago
- Norman Maclean Award for outstanding contributions to teaching and to the student experience at the University of Chicago
“Marvin was very good. He was professional and compelling, with relevant and interesting content.”
“Marvin thank you very much for yet another magnificent lecture yesterday. Feedback has been fantastic and we have you to thank for that.”
“There are many great speakers in the world – speakers that educate, speakers that challenge the intellect and speakers that inspire. But Marvin is unique – he can do all 3 at the same time. He is probably the best speaker I have ever had the opportunity to hear.”
“The feedback we have received has been very positive. In fact, several attendees told me it was the best conference they have ever attended and that your session was a special highlight of the entire conference.”
Presentation Languages: English