An expert on business and finance, and both the new and the old economy, Lucy helps to identify and tackle the most important questions that need to be answered in the ever-changing economic landscape. She helps key players to assess the corporate landscape and find the answer to “What market am I in? How will I win?”.
- Globalisation and Consolidation in Europe
- Building Strong Businesses in Uncertain Times
- Competing in the New Capital Markets
- Return on Investment with e-strategy
- Private Equity in a Changing Landscape
What she offers
How she presents
A brilliant and astute speaker on global economic trends and best practices for investment, private equity, venture capital, entrepreneurship and technology, Lucy has spoken internationally at a wide variety of prestigious summits including the World Economic Forum’s European Economic Summit.
Selected in 2002 as one of the World Economic Forum’s Global Leaders for Tomorrow, Lucy Marcus represents a new generation of global decision-makers from business, government, politics and civil society who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in areas as diverse as society, the environment, finance, technology and social responsibility in business. She has been recognised as being at the forefront of market predictions for several years. The founder and CEO of Marcus Venture Consulting, she is Professor of Leadership and Governance at IE Business School, she writes opinion columns for Project Syndicate and BBC, and hosts a tv series, “In the Boardroom with Lucy Marcus” for Reuters.
Bringing a 360 degree perspective, Lucy has worked in a number of sectors from software and the internet to government and financial services. Prior to founding Marcus Venture Consulting, Lucy was co-founder and VP of Marketing and Sales of an enterprise management software company, she was in charge of Marketing and Business Development for EMEA at Infinity Financial Technologies, ran the EMEA operations of a communications consulting company, and worked at Price Waterhouse in the East European Services Division and at the US Treasury Department’s Economic Policy Division.
- Time Magazine’s Global 140 Best Twitter Feeds of 2013
- Finalist Shorty Award in Finance 2012 & Shorty Award Judging Panel 2013
- Most Influential Tweeter in Corporate Governance 2011, 2012, 2013
- Voted One of Most Influential Global Business Voices on Twitter in The Independent 2011 & 2012
- Voted One of “Most Powerful Britons on Twitter” 2010, 2011 & 2012 2011 Thinkers 50 Future Thinkers Award
- One of 6 of “Britain’s Best Connected Women” in the UK Institute of Directors’ Director Magazine
- 19th in the Reuters & Klout 50 Most Influential Execs on the Web
- World Economic Forum Global Leader for Tomorrow
- Yale University “Rising Star of Corporate Governance” Award
- Selected for One of the 2011 National Association Corporate Directors (NACD) Directorship 100 Lists
- Selected for BMW Foundation Transatlantic Forum & Council of the US & Italy’s Young Leaders Forum
- Featured as “Director of the Month” in Director Magazine
- Listed as a “Face to Watch” in Management Today Magazine’s List of Britain’s 50 Most Powerful Women
- Listed in Business Age Magazine’s “10 Women Changing the Direction of British Business”
“On behalf of all the editorial and conference teams at Reed, may I take this opportunity to thank Lucy for her invaluable input into our IT Channels. Her level of interaction and debate was superb.”
“I was struck by Lucy Marcus’ candour and a certain winning openness, as well as by her professionalism. We quickly saw why she has been such a success.”
Presentation Languages: English