Lucy offers audiences her unique view of office life and the ways in which management fads can affect the way we work.
- Women in Business
- ‘Management Fads’
- ‘Office Life’
- ‘Sense and Nonsense in the Office’
- After Dinner
What she offers
How she presents
An entertaining speaker, Lucy’s presentations are mind-blowingly funny and packed with her special brand of astute comments and her satirical sense of humour.
Lucy Kellaway is an Associate Editor and management columnist of the FT. For the past 15 years her weekly Monday column has poked fun at management fads and jargon and celebrated the ups and downs of office life. In her 25 years at the FT Lucy has been energy correspondent, Brussels correspondent, a Lex writer, and an interviewer of business people and celebrities for the Lunch with the FT series and the FT Weekend.
Lucy graduated from Oxford University with a degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics. She received several awards which include the Business Journalist of the Year Awards 2007 and the Wincott Young Financial Journalist Award. In 2006 she was appointed a non-executive director of Admiral Group. In 2013 she presented the History of Office Life for BBC Radio 4 and she is a regular contributor to the BBC World Service programme and Business Daily. In 2012 she was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the University of Essex.
- The Answers: All the office questions you never dared to ask (2011)
- In Office Hours (2010)
- Martin Lukes: Who Moved My BlackBerry (2005)
- Sense and Nonsense in the Office (1999)
- Honorary Doctorate by the University of Essex, 2012
- Best Commentator, Business Journalist of the Year Awards 2007
- Columnist of the Year in the British Press Awards 2006
- Industrial Society WorkWord Award (twice)
- Wincott Young Financial Journalist Award, 1984
Presentation Languages: English