Professor Hill’s consulting and executive education activities have been in the areas of leadership development, talent management, leading change and innovation, implementing global strategies, and managing cross-organizational relationships.
- Collective Genious – Leading Innovation
- Being the Boss – Great Leader
What she offers
How she presents
Comprehensive in her vision, astute in her diagnosis and clear in her guidance Professor Hill’s presentations are invaluable for business leaders around the world.
Linda A. Hill is the Wallace Brett Donham Professor of Business Administration at the Harvard Business School. She is the faculty chair of the Leadership Initiative and has chaired numerous HBS Executive Education programs, including the Young Presidents’ Organization Presidents’ Seminar and the High Potentials Leadership Program. She was course-head during the development of the new Leadership and Organizational Behavior MBA required course.
Professor Hill is a member of the Board of Directors of State Street Corporation, Eaton Corp., and Harvard Business Publishing. She is a trustee of the The Bridgespan Group and the Art Center College of Design. She is on the Board of Advisors for the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund USA and a Special Representative to the Board of Trustees of Bryn Mawr College. She is a former member of the Board of Trustees of The Rockefeller Foundation. She is also on the Advisory Board of the Aspen Institute Business and Society Program and is an Overseer Emerita for the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Board in Boston.
- Collective Genius: The Art and Practice of Leading Innovation (with G. Brandeau, E.Truelove, and K.Lineback) (2014)
- Being the Boss: The 3 Imperatives for Becoming a Great Leader (with Kent Lineback) (2011)
- Managing Up (Mentor) (2008)
- Becoming a New Manager (Mentor) (2008)
- Becoming a Manager: How New Managers Master the Challenges of Leadership (2nd ed.) (2003)
- Harvard ManageMentor (Electronic) (1999)
- Coaching (Multimedia) (1997)
- High Performance Management (Electronic) (1995)
- Power and Influence Customized Course Module (1995)
- Becoming a Manager: Mastery of a New Identity (1992)
- Harvard Business Review: Essentials of Executive Development (1985)
- Winner of Innovation Award of Distinguished Awards for 2015 of Thinkers50
- Winner of the 2015 Warren Bennis Prize for Excellence in Leadership for “Collective Genius” (Harvard Business Review, June 2014) with Greg Brandeau, Emily Truelove, and Kent Linebeck
- Winner of the 2015 Axiom Business Book Award Gold Medal for the Best Book on Leadership for Collective Genius with Greg Brandeau, Emily Truelove, and Kent Lineback
- Included since 2011 as one of the Thinkers50—the definitive listing of the world’s top 50 business thinkers
Presentation Languages: English