Li orientates professionals in interpreting the evolution of society and the foreshadowing signals of consumer tastes to come, without forgetting economic reality. Li Edelkoort has a unique talent for sensing upcoming trends and the ability to predict what consumers would want to buy several seasons ahead of time. With her insights and predictions she not only informs her audience about current trends but also inspires them to look into the future and shows businesses that innovative thinking is the key to gaining a competitive edge.
- The Future of Form, Colour and Material
- Greening Perspectives 2010
- Colour and Lifestyle Trends
What she offers
How she presents
Li Edelkoort is famous for her lively and inspiring seminars and speeches and her highly innovative and unusual audiovisuals leave the audience inspired and well informed about current trends.
Li Edelkoort is a trend forecaster, curator, publisher and educator who constantly lives in the future. Studying the links between art, fashion, design and consumer culture, Edelkoort’s work has pioneered trend forecasting as a profession, providing design and lifestyle analysis for the world’s leading brands. Since 1992, her magazines have been highly influential in the creative industries. Having directed the world-renowned Design Academy Eindhoven from 1998–2008 and establishing the Designhuis (a cultural centre for the promotion of design), Edelkoort has proven that both a city and a region can benefit from placing design at its core, expanding its horizons creatively, productively, socially, economically and culturally.
Edelkoort established the School of Form, a design school in Poznan, Poland and launched an interactive online trend forum called Trend Tablet in 2011. Since 2015 she is the Dean of Hybrid Studies at Parsons The New School in New York. The humanitarian foundation Edelkoort co-created through Heartwear (since 1993) promotes the survival of artisans in developing economies, informing her knowledge of craft, sustainability, cottage industries and fair trade; advice she also passes on to her clients in all fields. As a curator of exhibitions around the world, Edelkoort has created memorable design shows.
- The Pop-Up Generation (2012)
- Ulf Moritz: Fascination Textile (with Natalia Godglück and Caroline Boot) (2009)
- Bloom Book: Horticulture for the 21st Century (with Lisa White) (2001)
- View on Colour 10: Animality (1997)
- The RSA’s Faculty for Royal Designers in Britain has named Edelkoort as a 2014 Honorary Royal Designer for Industry (RDI) in recognition of her pioneering career
- In 2012, Edelkoort received the Netherlands’ most prestigious cultural accolade, the Prins Bernhard Cultuurprijs
- In 2008, the French Ministry of Culture honored her as a Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres
- In 2008, the Dutch Royal Family named her a Knight in the Order of Oranje Nassau
- Edelkoort was the 2005 recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award from Aid to Artisans
- In 2004, she received the Netherlands’ Grand Seigneur Prize
- In 2004, she was named as one of the 40 Most Influential People in Design by Icon Magazine
- In 2003, TIME Magazine named her as one of the world’s 25 Most Influential People in Fashion
- Edelkoort was recognized as important to Dutch interior design with the Woonbeurs Prize in 2001
Presentation Languages: English