Kate delivers exceptionally engaging and practical talks on virtually any aspect of leadership, from strategy development to execution to creating sustainable cultures of deeply connected and supportive communities. She draws on her deep experience in consulting with individuals and companies in over 25 countries over the past 20 years. Her aim no matter where she works is to help hasten the shift away from command and control approaches to leadership toward mutual respect and communication – not only within the company but also with the community and a range of stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurs as Leader-Accelerators
- Reinvention: Thriving Personally and Organizationally in the Age of Disruption
- Tough Times Need Tender Leadership
- Creating Global Leaders: Leading the Many,
Not the Few
- Building a Community of Leaders
- Building Leaders for the Future
- Men and Women in Leadership Together
What she offers
How she presents
Kate works closely with her clients to deliver her messages in ways that resonate with them. She is equally comfortable with a TED style talk or a lecture format.
Kate Sweetman is Founder of the global management consulting firm – SweetmanCragun – launched in 2015. She creates new intellectual property in four primary areas: Leadership, Innovation, Change, and Shared Energy. Kate and her team are patenting a new learning technology called Encoded Learning™. Formerly, Kate headed a Boston-based think tank and consultancy that keys in on the identity of the leader, and the essential tasks he or she must perform to take their organizations to the next level. Kate was named one of the World’s Top 20 Emerging Management Gurus by the London Times for her career work in the management consulting and training space.
A former editor for Harvard Business Review, Kate’s work has been published by Harvard Business School Publishing, Fast Company, Forbes, The Economic Times of India, Capital Magazine (Turkey), BMR (China), CLO Magazine, and CFO Magazine, among others. She has also appeared on CNBC in both the US and India. Kate was named one of the world’s Emerging Management Gurus by the London Times for her career work and career achievement in the management consulting space, particularly in Leadership Consulting, Advisory Services, Classroom Facilitation, and Learning and Education Design.
- Reinvention: Accelerating Results in the Age of Disruption (2016)
- Leadership Code (with Dave Ulrich & Norm Smallwood) (2008)
- Kate’s team won the ASTD (American Society of Trainers and Developers) top prize in 2004 for developing a leadership program with practical and measurable impact. This leadership and culture change program for Verizon was calculated to have achieved an ROI of more than 250 percent within the first six months of implementation.
“The best word to describe her presentation is ‘powerful’. She has insight, authority, huge experience and some terrific stories.”
“Kate’s work is a tonic for the audience. She brings wit and wisdom, heart and soul.”
Presentation Languages: English