With 20 years of experience with high growth new technology businesses in Europe and the US, Julie is ideally positioned to advise decision makers from private and public Internet based companies which are currently undergoing significant growth or change. She shares insights into her personal dedication that truly sets her apart.
- The Digital Transformation of Corporates
- Corporate Innovation
- Individual Capitalism
- Leadership Women in Business
- Venture Capital
What she offers
How she presents
An inspiring and captivating speaker, straight-talking Julie’s invaluable presentations are filled with useful actionable information, essential for all expanding Internet-orientated companies.
Julie Meyer is one of the leading champions for entrepreneurship in Europe and the UK as a force for growth and inclusiveness. With over 20 years investment and advisory experience helping start-up businesses, she is the well known founder & CEO of Ariadne Capital, co- founder and Managing Partner of the Ariadne Capital Entrepreneurs Fund, founder of Entrepreneur Country. She sits on the Board of Directors at INSEAD and was named one of their top 50 alumni, and building the first social network for Internet entrepreneurs in 1998-2000, First Tuesday, which she sold for $50 million in July 2000, and many credited with igniting the Internet generation in Europe.
In 2009 and 2010, Julie was one of the BBC’s Online Dragons in the award-winning Dragon’s Den Online and has also set up a “Dads and Daughters” foundation to support and extend her thesis that women’s identities are shaped by the messages they receive from their fathers as children and young adults. From 1998 to 1999, Julie was part of the team at NewMedia Investors, which became early stage investment firm Spark Ventures in October 1999. At NewMedia Investors, she led deals in key internet success stories like lastminute.com and WGSN.
- Welcome to Entrepreneur Country (2012)
- One of Brummell Magazine’s 30 Inspirational Women Entrepreneurs 2014
- In 2012, Julie was honoured to receive an honorary MBE, for her ‘services to entrepreneurship’
- One of WIRED’s 100 2011
- Cited as one of the ‘1000 Most Influential People in London’ by the London Evening Standard – 2010 & 2011
- Selected to be a member of Vince Cable’s Entrepreneurs’ Forum as part of Global Entrepreneurs’ Week 2010
- In 2009 and 2010, Julie was also one of the BBC’s Online Dragons in the award-winning Dragon’s Den Online
- INSEAD – 50 Alumni who changed the world
- Wall Street Journal – 30 Most Influential Women in Europe
- World Economic Forum – Global Leader of Tomorrow
- TIME Magazine Digital 50
- Ernst & Young – Entrepreneur of the Year (October 2000)
Presentation Languages: English