Joschka Fischer is greatly admired for his personal integrity, charisma and pivotal position in critical national dialog about his country’s role in European integration. He offers audiences tremendous insights into international political developments and the socio and business scene. Fischer also demonstrates what it takes to successfully negotiate on the international platform. His political commentaries are syndicated internationally.
- Current Political Themes
- Foreign Politics
- The Future of Europe
- Crisis Management
- Environmental Issues
What he offers
How he presents
His leadership skills and his outstanding rhetoric qualities have made Joschka Fischer one of the most requested political speakers across the globe.
Joschka Fischer served as Germany’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and Vice Chancellor from 1998-2005. Throughout his seven-year tenure as Foreign Minister he was arguably the most popular politician in his nation and one of the most influential leaders of the German Green Party. He currently runs an advisory firm in Berlin that serves a wide range of corporations and institutions. He is a member of the Executive Board of the European Council on Foreign Relations. In 2009, Fischer took a post as adviser to the Nabucco pipeline project, in which the German RWE company is also involved.
Upon his appointment as Minister of the Environment and Energy for Hesse in 1985, he was the first German Green to assume a government post. From 1987 to 1991, Fischer served in various capacities in the Hessian State Assembly; from 1991 to 1994 as Hessian Minister for the Environment, Energy, and Federal Affairs; and from 1994 to 1998 as Parliamentary Spokesman for the Green party in the German Bundestag, the Federal Parliament. From 2006 to 2007 he held a professorship at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University.
- Scheitert Europa? (Is Europe Failing?) (2014)
- Gegen den Strom (Against the Stream) co-authored with Fritz Stern (2013)
- I’m not Convinced: Der Irakkrieg und die rot-grünen Jahre (The War in Iraq and the Red Green Years) (2010)
- Die rot-grünen Jahre: Deutsche Aussenpolitik vom Kosovo bis zum 11. September (The Red Green Years – German Foreign Politics from Kosovo to the 11. September) (2007)
- Die Rückkehr der Geschichte: Die Welt nach dem 11. September und die Erneuerung des Westens (The World After 9/11 and the Modernisation of the West) (2005)
- Mein langer Lauf zu mir selbst (My Long Path to Myself) (2003)
“Joschka Fischer was very good and extremely charming. He arrived early, shook hands with each guest at the beginning and gave a brilliant speech and discussion and stayed late to watch football!”
“Fischer was excellent. He was a great presenter and very well-informed speaker who turned out to be especially timely because of the Russia-Ukraine situation.”
“Joschka was very impressive, with great knowledge. He gave an excellent performance with extremely good content.”
Presentation Languages: English, German