Ben Hammersley’s keynotes cover the latest ideas in technology, culture, business and politics. He specialises in demystifying the Internet, decoding cyberspace and the revolution we are all living through.
- Digital Future
- Technology and Social Issues, Risks and Developments
- Impact of Technology on Society
- The Future of New Technologies
- The Future of Transportation
- The Future of Culture
What he offers
How he presents
He helps people understand the modern world and where it is taking us.
Ben Hammersley is a broadcaster, writer and lecturer on how digital technology is re-shaping business, politics and society. As well as being the author of many books and articles on modern technology, he has advised a wide variety of corporations, governments, and international organisations on how to thrive in the future. He is also the principal of Onwards Friend, a startup currently working on developing science platforms for Near-Space and Low Earth Orbit.
His keynotes cover the latest ideas in technology, culture, business and politics. He specialises in demystifying the Internet, decoding cyberspace and the revolution we are all living through.
Ben is the author of five books, including the acclaimed 64 Things You Need To Know Now For Then, which is a guide to the new concepts of the modern world. He is contributing editor of WIRED Magazine and writes regularly for the international media including The Financial Times.
In 2014 he presented BBC World News’ award-winning documentary, “Cybercrimes with Ben Hammersley”, which was broadcast internationally. Previous roles include the UK Prime Minister’s Ambassador to Tech City, London’s Internet Quarter; Innovator-in-Residence at Goldsmiths, University of London; and Fellow at the Brookings Institution, Washington DC.
He was also previously Head of Digital at SIX Creative where he was responsible for creating, building and managing an international team dedicated to bringing cutting-edge internet strategy, design, and production to leading fashion and beauty brands worldwide.
- Approaching the Future: 64 Things You Need to Know Now for Then (2013)
- 64 Things You Need to Know Now for Then: How to Face the Digital Future without Fear (2012)
- A Smart Guide to Utopia: 111 Inspiring Ideas for a Better City (2012)
- Developing Feeds with RSS and Atom: Developers Guide to Syndicating News & Blogs (2005)
- Hacking GMail (ExtremeTech) (2005)
Presentation Languages: English