He obsesseses with making strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship simple, practical, and applicable.
- Business Model Generation
- Value Proposition Design
What he offers
How he presents
His passion for inspiring others and his charismatic style make Alex a sought after speaker at a wide range of corporate events.
Alexander Osterwalder is a business model innovator, entrepreneur, and best selling author. He invented the Business Model Canvas, a tool to visualize, challenge and (re-) invent business models. The Canvas is used by leading organizations around the world, like GE, P&G, Ericsson, and 3M. He co-founded Strategyzer, a software company specializing in tools and content for strategic management, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
Alexander is a frequent keynote speaker and has held guest lectures in top universities around the world, including Stanford, Berkeley, MIT, IESE and IMD. In 1999 Osterwalder co-founded his first startup Netfinance.ch, which supplied education in online trading and investing. He was journalist for the Swiss business magazine BILANZ in 2000-01, and Senior Research Fellow back at the University of Lausanne from 2000 to 2005 in the time he finished his PhD research. In the late 2000s “Osterwalder and a team of 470 co-creators published a very attractive and popular model for describing business models: the Business Model Canvas. The Business Model Canvas offers you an excellent model to further develop your ideas about the business model for monetizing data.”
- Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want (Strategyzer) (with Yves Pigneur, Gregory Bernarda, and Alan Smith) (2014)
- Business Model You: A One-Page Method For Reinventing Your Career (with Tim Clark and Yves Pigneur) (2012)
- Business Model Generation: A Handbook For Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers (with Yves Pigneur) (2010)
- Winner of Strategy Award of Distinguished Awards for 2015 of Thinkers50
Presentation Languages: English